2018 Synth room pictures



Done some rearrangements to be able to include the four Behringer Model D (BOOG) as a eurorack compatible poly synth. I call it "synth room" rather than "studio" while it's not a traditional studio with a large mixer and other related equipment. It can be used dawless or with Reason.

 It's possible to send the BOOGs oscillators to other euro modules - in this case Im using Roland system 500 filters on top of the BOOG sound.


BOOG works well together with eurorack. I'm using a Vermona QMI for 4 voice polyphonic midi/cv conversion and a Doepfer joystick for real time changes like the filter cutoff for all four BOOGs. Unfortunately no resonance cv input in a BOOG, so not possible to play around with that in poly mode.




The patchbays on top of each rack stack are connected to the complete synth fleet, so it's very quick to combine and mix various instruments and modules. In the middle of the picture you can see a shelf that I use for a notebook when I'm using DAW.

Korg PS3100 is nice but weird! I'm not a good keybord player so I have added Kenton midi to the PS3100, P5 and JP8 visible in the picture.

Cables everywhere... not a beautiful studio picture. But I have never figured out how to make sound without cables, so there it is...

Some odd synths: Elka Synthex (nice but perhaps overrated I think, looks cool anyway), DX5 (very nice for editing new FM sounds based on the classic DX7 architecture), Prophet VS (everything sounds like the end of the 80ies) and SY99 (the best FM synth ever according to me, fantastic possibilities to create unique sounds). The red synth in the right corner is a Waldorf Q+ - ie with analogue filters - one of the best synths available.

I'm a little bit proud over my solution for the Roland programmers. Super Jupiter MKS 80 is a very good alternative for classic analogue synth sounds (I only have experience from rev 4). The programmer MKB 80 looks nice, but actually have kind of a plastic feeling - a luxury item but not necessary.

Some vintage Moogs. MMD with two different oscillator constructions. Both sounds awsome! The Micrommoog was acquired from Analog Sweden and is in astonishing shape.

Memorymoog is perhaps my all time favourite, this gem is also from Analog Sweden and was used for their Moments Lost album (recommended if you like Blade Runner-ish music). On top is a Clavia Wave. It's got a nice sound library from Clavia, so I use it as some kind of vintage machine replacement for some synths and string machines I dont have (Mellotron, Fairlight, Solina, Logan, Polymoog and the ulti-weird Optigan). It's also a good synth in it's own with the exception of the filters. 



Kommentarer

  1. This truly makes me love you a little bit more.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I think you need more synthesizers! ;)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Matthew 7

      Judging Others

      7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

      3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

      :)

      Radera

Skicka en kommentar